No city can thrive when citizens do not feel safe in their homes, at work, at church, or in too many of our neighborhoods. Macon-Bibb needs a comprehensive strategy for reducing crime and enhancing the safety of all citizens.
My Administration will invest all necessary resources to make neighborhoods safer, support first responders, and address the root causes of crime.
As Mayor of Macon-Bibb, I will implement a six-point Crime Reduction and Public Safety plan designed to:
- Reduce gun violence
- Put first responders first
- Invest in Macon-Bibb’s youth
- Improve Macon-Bibb’s approach to criminal justice reform
- Fight crime before it happens
- Accelerate demolition and land banking of the nearly 10,000 blighted properties in Macon-Bibb.
- Establish community centers and churches in key precincts as “Opportunity Centers,” where residents can receive targeted and intensive job training and placement services. Renewing the city’s relationship with Workforce Development and with the Neighborhood Associations.
- Ensure effective community policing throughout the city by:
- 1) expanding foot patrols downtown and in key neighborhoods and precincts, and
- 2) conducting an annual survey of Macon-Bibb residents, businesses, and community organizations on their experiences with and perceptions of the Macon-Bibb Sheriff’s Department and all first responders as well as utilizing that and other information in an annual review of department’s policies and practices.
- Make Seniors safe
- Adding needed infrastructure changes by adding street lights and sidewalks especially in traditional neighborhoods where senior citizens live.
- Creating safer and secure ways for reporting crime and suspicious activities. We will discuss my six-point plan more as I continue my journey across this entire community, door-to-door, house-to-house, talking to Macon-Bibb citizens about how we begin to work together to #WinforMaconBibb.
I am offering myself–New Leadership for a Safer, Stronger and Fairer Macon-Bibb.
I hope to earn your vote.